Friday, May 7, 2010

the one where I confess

For years I didn't own a tv. Maybe 5 years I think. We watched plenty of movies on the laptop, but when people asked anything about tv my response always was "We don't own a tv." When we found out we were pregnant, we borrowed an old tv from Ben and Bethany so we'd have something to play DVDs on for Chloe Belle. So then, even though we never have watched a single show on it, when people ask anything about tv I said "we don't watch tv."

I've got to be real, I loved this about us. Although people always thought we were so strange for not owning or watching any tv, I loved it.

Things have changed. I'm not really sure when it happened. At some point last fall I started watching a tv show online. Now there are four. Four tv shows that I LOVE. I can't wait for them to pop up online each week.

So now, I can't say I don't own a tv because I do even if it doesn't get any stations. And I can't say I don't watch tv because in a way I do. I watch my four beloved shows online each week.

I'm sad for myself. Sad that I've given in to the ridiculous obsession our culture has with tv. And yet, I'm not willing to give my four shows up. Sad sad day.


Just in case you're curious, they are Community, Biggest Loser, Parks and Recreation, and The Office-listed in order of how much I love them.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOOH Maegan, I love The Office. We don't watch the new episodes, only the reruns (on TBS Tuesday nights- we do have a TV :( ) but I still love it. We should watch together!

    ReplyDelete