Friday, May 7, 2010

the one about my hero

Marla Habermas is my hero. She is the most beautiful, faithful, joyful servant of Jesus. I could wish for nothing greater than to grow up and be just like Marla because she is so like our Jesus.

She's in India right now with an amazing team of women working with Freeset Ministries who are working to get women out of the sex trade and into a relationship with Christ. My awesome friend Kristi is blogging about the trip. She writes about their day at the Mother Theresa center for the dead and dying. She said this about Marla:

The most beautiful picture of the day was our team member, Marla. She sat on a bed next to a young girl and just sang to her, stroked her hair, and massaged her limbs. The love and compassion that radiated out of her was just stunning. Jesus with skin on. That’s what I’ll remember this morning. “For whatever you have done for the least of these, you have done for me.”

Praise the Lord for sweet Marla.


Follow Kristi's blog here.

1 comment:

  1. This is SO true-she IS a hero and I pray also that I love and seek Him like she does! Thanks for the shout out as well. :)
    We are so blessed to be surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses! Hallelujah!

    ReplyDelete