Saturday, May 29, 2010

the one about my favorite college memories

For Lucy:

1. Murder in the Dark at the BCM. I love my life now, and there aren't many things I'd like to return to, but I sure do miss murder in the dark. I know we could play it now, but it just wouldn't be the same. I love the lying, the cheating, the full out mad dash across the big room. I love when APR jumped over a couch and full-body tackled Dan to the ground. I remember the time I moved the ping pong table to pin someone in the corner (I think Daniel Hubbard). I love murder in the dark. love love love it.

2. Car rides on the way to Banks. For two years Michael Abrams and I led the youth group (all 7 of them) at Banks Baptist. It took 20 minutes to get to Banks. I loved that trip twice a week. Mike and I talked about Jesus, theology, missions, and living a godly life. It really was a sharpening tool in my life. Plus, the scenery was great!

3. Bunco with the Farmhouse guys. This wasn't Bunco like your momma plays. This was crazy, banging pots over your head, screaming and yelling Bunco. We played at Farmhouse and at the house on Folmar Street. I can still close my eyes and see Justin Griffith screaming "Poppa needs a new pair of shoes!" as he tossed the dye between his legs onto the table. awesome.

4. Beautiful friends and beautiful growth at the BCM. I loved my time at the BCM. I loved all the Bible studies, Alpha O, hanging out, and feeling like a family. Of course, that means there was a fair share of drama and bickering that I don't miss at all. Those people at the BCM showed me love and walked alongside me as I grew. sign. good times.

5. Going on a date at Murphy Park. Adam and I started liking each other that last semester of school. We went on a little date to Murphy Park-Arby's and a playground. What could be better for a first date?? My favorite part of the day was when Adam was trying to do something on the slide to impress me and he fell on his face. precious. I love that I have those kind of memories with my man.

Ah Troy. How I love thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment