Monday, May 3, 2010

the one about Beulah

Went to Beulah for slightly less than 24 hours this weekend. For those of you who don't know, Beulah is Adam's home town. It is VERY small, and very country. It's always an experience.

Funniest things about Beulah this weekend:

1. saw a brand new H2 parked in front of a run down trailer. I wonder if they ever think it's ironic that their car costs more than their home???
2. Tracey (Adam's hysterical older sister) talking about a high school girl: "she's beautiful but she's as dumb as a box of rocks."
3. Adam's Granny. She's pretty much always the funniest thing about Beulah. She can't say Chloe. It's too fancy for her. Yesterday Adam practiced with her. She can say:
"chloo-lee"
"cho-ee"
"chlo-lee"
my favorite was Adam trying to get her to understand it sounds like "clothes." Then we had:
"clothes-ee"
and finally,
"chlo-ee"

I'm doubting it ever happens again. It took ten minutes of hard practice by Adam for her to say it once. I told Granny it's alright if she just calls her Belle.

Oh Beulah. How I love thee.


(I just reread this and realized it might sound like I hate Beulah and I'm making fun of it-get me right-the country fun in Beulah is awesome. Anybody who spends a weekend with Adam's family comes away hurting from laughing so hard!)

1 comment: