Monday, May 3, 2010

the one about a movie

Got a movie in from Netflix that Adam didn't want to see. I popped it in this morning to watch throughout the day while I nursed and did other stuff where a movie helps. I prayed when I put it in that God would use something about it to teach me. Boy did he.
This movie is about a man who is not dealing with the loss of his wife. He spends his life helping other people grieve, while not doing it himself. It was oppressive. I simply do not understand how the world makes it without Jesus. The hopelessness and despair must be suffocating. I cannot imagine how I would feel if I lost Adam, but I am grateful to know that I have a Savior who is the purpose and joy of my heart and that He is greater than all these temporary things that fill up life.
I am heartbroken today for those who mourn without the comfort and hope of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment