Thursday, October 7, 2010

the one about Kara and Jesus

I wasn't feeling so great last night at Worship + Study. I was just sitting in my seat quietly during the worship time. I looked around me and saw college students praising God with wholehearted devotion and bent over in their seats in fervrent prayer. Students were either focused soley on God or drawn in focusing on themselves. Then I looked to my right at the girl who sat one seat down from me. I love this girl. LOVE her. Next Wednesday will be the one year anniversary of her mother's death. She was neither lost in worship or deep in prayer. She was staring blankly at the chair in front of her. Immediately I was broken over the pain and grief that seemed to be draped around her like a cloak.
I thought about the body of Christ. So often we come together for worship and get lost. Lost in the Lord, lost in our own hurt, pain, and needs. And we don't look around at the people surrounding us and feel their hurts, pains, and needs. I was ashamed of myself. Ashamed at how me-focused my walk with Christ can be. Ashamed at all that I do not see.

Then Bobby began to sing a new song:

On that day when I see all that You have for me
When I see You face to face there surrounded by Your grace
All my fears swept away in the light of Your embrace
When Your love is all I need and forever I am free
Where the streets are made of gold in Your presence here to hold
Let these songs of heaven rise to You alone
No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering, You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness, no sickening
No hiding, You hold me now
You hold me now
In this life finally stand through my joy and my pain
Knowing there's a greater day there's a hope that never fails
When Your name is lifted high and forever praises last
For the glory of Your name I'll be living for the day
When the world has finally cease; all creation rest in peace
Let these songs of heaven rise to You alone
No weeping, no hurt or pain
No suffering, You hold me now
You hold me now
No darkness, no sickening
No hilding, You hold me now
You hold me now


Although I may be blind to the pain and grief around me, my gracious and intimate Father is not. He sees the hurting, He pursues the grieving, and He makes the broken whole.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way your blogs encourage me and kick my butt at the same time. You are a lovely person and I am glad to know you and so happy you blog!

    ReplyDelete