Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the one with yummy pasta

I made this for Supper Club this past Sunday and it was a huge hit. I stole it out of a magazine...don't remember which one now. So sorry.

Creamy Spinach Ricotta Pasta

1 lb rigatoni
1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes with basil, onions, and garlic
1 cup chopped onions
1 box (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach
2 1/2 cups Alfredo sauce
1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil

1. Heat oven to 425. Coat 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta following pkg directions. Drain; return to pot. Stir in tomatoes and chopped onions.
3. Cook spinach in microwave following pkg directions. Squeeze out moisture. Transfer to bowl. Add alfredo sauce, ricotta, garlic salt and pepper; stir to combine.
4. Transfer spinach mixture to pasta pot; toss to combine. Transfer pasta mixture to prepared baking dish.
5. Mix together bread crumbs, Parmesan, and oil. Sprinkle over pasta. Bake at 425 for 20 to 25 min or until golden brown and bubbly.

It's a bit expensive. I used a coupon for the alfredo sauce and ricotta but it was still 13.00 for the whole dish, and that's a bit much for me. Next time I might make my own alfredo to save money. I also just used ritz because I had them in the pantry. I went really heavy on the Parmesan and olive oil for the topping and it was great. I also used the whole container of ricotta (15 0z) and it turned out well.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment