Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the one when I'm inspired

I found a new mommy blog the other day. I'm getting slightly obsessed with the whole blog thing. It's all Jamie and Bethany's fault. I had no idea until they seduced me into this bloggy world.

Anyway, great find: Inspired to ACTion. She has a couple of blog series that I like. I started reading the one about establishing an effective morning routine-she even has an ebook on it you can download!! She gives lots of practical tips on morning routines, but is real about the fact that getting up early to pray/study/exercise won't just happen. We have to have a real motivation. She lists several, including: "I want to be whole so my children can be whole."

I started weeping. Why do I choose anything over wholeness? Why do I choose 30 min of extra sleep over prayer time? Why do I choose playing on Facebook over Bible study? Why do I choose watching a movie over exercising? I feel so ashamed.

I do not want to offer Adam and Chloe Belle my brokenness. I want to offer them a life of wholeness. I want to offer them a life that has been renewed, sanctified, and built up by Christ. I want to choose life, discipline, and spiritual abundance.

So, bloggy world, here I am to tell you that I am going to make a real effort towards wholeness. Keep me accountable. Ask me about it.
I want to be different than I am. I want to be Christlike. I want to be whole so that my precious family can be whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment