Monday, November 29, 2010

the one where I'm thankful

Sorry to have been an absent blogger lately. If you are anything like me, you get really frustrated when bloggers are silent. I get so sad when I get on Google Reader and I have no friend blogs to read, only super-achiever mommy blogs that generally just make me feel bad about myself because of my lack of crafting/sewing/baking/organic-growing abilities.

I intend to make up for my silence with lots of fun blogs this week. I hope it makes your Google Reader happy.

For my first blog I wanted to write about things I'm thankful for, but after a rather unpleasant day, I'm feeling very cranky. I guess there's no better time to make a list of happies, right?

This Thanksgiving season, I'm happy for:
1. a husband I adore, and 9 days of no work to spend with him.
2. a daughter who is super pleasant, super happy, and super beautiful.
3. returning home from traveling and crawling into my perfectly comfortable huge bed.
4. a plate FULL of scrumptious food.
5. friends who invite you into their home to provide you with rest, encouragement, and good card games.
6. playing in the dirt.
7. the opportunity to pour into the lives of college girls.
8. how the Word brings life to my weary soul.
9. coffee with old friends.
10. in-laws who take care of my wee one.
11. the comfort of resting in Adam's arms.
12. hearing from friends that are far away.
13. trying out a new recipe and having it taste great.
14. the community of God's people.
15. the constant provision of the Lord.
16. contentment in Him.
17. when I catch Chloe Belle's eyes and she bursts into a huge smile.
18. funny blogs.
19. my job.
20. the confidence that if all my earthly blessings were to fall away, I'd still be overwhelmingly rich in my Lord.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for a good friend like you! I love you! Hope your day gets better.

    ReplyDelete