Friday, November 12, 2010

the one when I'm a bad mom

I love blogs (thanks Jamie and Bethany). I have converted to Google Reader and I have a whole section of "mommy blogs." Almost all of them occasionally post about how they had a horrible mom day. It's usually because:
  • they fed their kids McDonalds all three meals
  • they were angry, short, and frustrated and snapped at everybody
  • they said a bad word in front of their kids
  • they weren't feeling particularly loving

Today I feel like a horrible mom. It's because I have a mental list of things I'd rather do than take care of Chloe Belle today:
  • lay in bed and re-read Harry Potter for the zillionth time
  • take a nap
  • lay in bed and watch a movie
  • take a nap
  • order a pizza and eat in while laying in bed
  • take a nap
  • lay in bed and read funny blogs, crafty blogs, friends' blogs (anything but serious blogs that would make me feel bad about myself)
  • take a nap
I wonder, are there other moms out there who are as selfish as me? I'm feeding CB great food today, I haven't cussed, I love her alot, and I'm not frustrated. But I sure as heck just want a day off to be utterly selfish.

Anybody ever feel the same way, or is it just me?

1 comment:

  1. Every job in the world gets some sort of day off. Even Obama and he's the leader of the free world. Mom's deserve a break as well but hardly ever get one. Don't feel bad, I'm right there with you.

    ReplyDelete