Monday, January 4, 2010

the one about the holidays

The holidays are over. I have mixed feelings about this. I'm really sad my two week vacation with Adam has come to an end, but at the same time I'm ready for a bit of normalcy to life. Holidays bring with them too many expectations, too much stress, and too much money magically disappearing. so, in honor of their completion, here is a list of my favorite things from the last two weeks (because it just wouldn't be positive to recap the bummer stuff right?):

#1: two weeks at home alone with my man. have I ever mentioned how totally and completely in love I am with Adam?? He left this morning for work and I miss him already!

#2: old friends. I had an INCREDIBLE holiday filled with good friends. I knew I'd see my Sulli over the break, and I was really looking forward to it. Besides Bethany, Patrick is my oldest friend. You know how there's just comfort when you're with someone who has known you and loved you your whole life? So, I was expecting Patrick but I wasn't expecting Kevin! We had a little crew of 4 in high school and we were super awesome friends. I get to see 2 of these buddies alot, but not Kevin. It's been 3 years! It was so good to catch up. He's hysterically the exact same person. It made me happy.

#3: After super great high school friends, I got to see a super great college friend! I love my college friends. Sometimes I think I'll live a whole lifetime and never have friends like my buddies from Troy. It was 4 amazing years of friendship, growth in Jesus, and fun! Justin was one of my top favorite people in college. He was the coolest guy in school, so I always felt super proud that he liked hanging out with me. We were besties the whole time at school (except right at the beginning, when Justin says I was "abrasive"), but nothing was as fun as those bunco parties at Fulmar street...
Justin lives in Spain, so I think its been a year since I've seen him. Made my heart full.

Justin and Tara-another great college SGA friend. I'll always have great memories of hanging out in the SGA office with these two!

#4: Another great friend. Melanie came over at some point during the holidays for a yummy dinner and to play with the doggies who love her so. I'm so grateful for who Melanie is in our lives and how she shows us such constant love and support. We will miss her dearly as she moves to South Africa in a few days, but I'm so proud of her journey of faith and I can't wait to see what God does in her and through her at Living Hope!!!

#5: New Year's Eve festivities.

Beth and Gibby came over for New Year's Eve, which makes 4 years running. We partied like we always do: pizza, games, fireworks, and talking way too late in the night.

I spent New Year's Day with this crew. I love when Chris comes around, because he makes Adam act like a four year old boy. I love hearing Adam laugh when he's with Chris. Plus, I got to be with my two favorite girls: Beth and Kate. What would life be like without these two with me?

So, all in all, it was a great holiday. I'm grateful for time to focus on Jesus, time to be with my man, and time to laugh with friends. God is so rich in His blessings in my life. He overwhelms me.

5 comments:

  1. Love your post! And I'm so jealous of all the old friends you got to see over the holidays!! It reminds me that I'm a crappy friend who needs to make more of an effort to keep in touch with people!!

    By the way, you blogging has been a re-inspiration to me to keep our blog updated! So thank you for that!! And keep it up - so that I might too!!

    http://thehineshousehold.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you saw Patrick and Kevin over the holidays! I texted Patrick, but never heard back, so I thought he might just be busy. I love that you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Bethany, I did see him, but don't think I'm special! I had called too, with no luck. I ran into him at church with his folks and we went out to eat lunch. I had no idea Kevin was in town. Patrick knew and called and invited him to eat lunch with us. It was all so last minute but really fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing your busy, fun lives wrapped up in a bow on the blog! Welcome back to the real-world of work and routine. Going to miss you guys but I know our friendship is deeper than a few miles. Have a growing New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww... Maegie! I love you too! I'm so glad we got to hang out even if I did sketch on y'all the night before! Thanks for being my friend--you are such a blessing to me!

    ReplyDelete