Monday, July 5, 2010

the one with a happy morning

We spent about 24 hours in Beulah this weekend for the 4th. Have I ever told you that Chloe doesn't like to travel? I have so hyper-scheduled her that she goes off her rocker when things change. Great for a day at home-I can predict her sleeping, eating, playing to the minute-but not great for trips to Beulah.
So we put her in the car Friday night after her last feeding, let her fall asleep on the way, and then transferred her to the packnplay once we got there. I thought all had gone well until about 4:30am. She's up and she's unhappy. Well, normally, being the by-the-book Babywise momma I am, I would just let her cry. But, we're in someone else's home and I'm afraid she's going to wake someone up. So we're trying to comfort her to no avail. She's mad. So, I break all rules and feed her about 5am. This makes her very happy and she goes back to sleep. All in all, it was a high intensity frustrated hour. Did I mention that all 3 Keels plus 2 Keel dogs were all in one small bedroom together???

Anyway, just a few hours later I go to pick up my babygirl out of the packnplay to start a new day. I reach down and grab her, singing her sweet songs, telling her she looked more beautiful that morning than ever, dancing with her, and covering her with kisses.

It's funny that at 4am we were so frustrated with caring for her, but with the morning a new loved was ushered in. I fall in love with her all over again each and every morning. Its like nothing I've ever known.

Lamentations 3: 22-23 says:
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Saturday morning as I was loving my sweet daughter, I thought about my great Father who lavishes me with mercy and compassion anew each morning. He rejoices over me with singing and remembers my transgressions no more.

I love being a parent. I am understanding more each day how much my God loves me. It overwhelms me.

2 comments:

  1. One thing I really appreciate about Baby Wise is that it's OK to cheat and do stuff like that when you have to. I don't see how demand-fed babies can travel well.

    ReplyDelete