Friday, April 16, 2010

the one where I murder

So, it seems like this time every year we have little mice invade our home. Little, tiny, perfectly cute mice. When I see them it is so easy to imagine them dressed in tiny clothes making a dress for Cinderella...

And yet, they still have to be destroyed. I can't share my home (and this time around my kitchen pantry) with tiny mice.
As my husband is completely adverse to slaughtering precious animals, it is up to me to smash their heads with hammers. (does anyone know who I'm quoting there?)

Last night I laid a chex mix trap for my wee pantry friend. This morning Adam found him unable to flee the glue prison I set for him. So, I had to bop him with a hammer.

Its so tragic. Really. Here is a picture of the little guy I had to murder this morning:


5 comments:

  1. Don't know who you are quoting, but have a vivid memory of Gibby having to come kill a mouse at Rog and Leah's house... they caught it in a glue trap and it tried to chew it's leg off. They wrapped it in a coke box and ran over it with the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got it beth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    alison, that is an awesome story. a tid extreme for a mouse though, a hammer totally does the job. there's no need for heavy machinery...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinderelly, Cinderelly
    Night and day it's Cinderelly
    Make the fire, fix the breakfast
    Wash the dishes, do the mopping

    And the sweeping and the dusting
    They always keep her hopping

    She goes around in circles
    Till she's very, very dizzy
    Still they holler

    Keep a-busy Cinderelly!
    We can do it, we can do it
    We can help our Cinderelly
    We can make her dress so pretty
    There's nothing to it, really
    We'll tie a sash around it
    Put a ribbon through it
    When dancing at the ball
    She'll be more beautiful than all
    In the lovely dress we'll make for Cinderelly

    Hurry, hurry, hurry, hurry
    Gonna help our Cinderelly
    Got no time to dilly-dally
    We gotta get a-goin'

    WHACK!!!

    ReplyDelete