Thursday, March 4, 2010

the one with multiple posts in one day...#2

I've had alot going on in the last week or so. I have taken Chloe Belle somewhere everyday with me for the last 9 days. We are both tired! In addition to running errands, all the GIC events, and catching up with N&W and B&A, we've had three not so minor crises (that is spelled correct-I looked it up) in our life in the last 9 days. Let me tell you about it:

Crisis #1: Last Tuesday I'm busy trying to clean up the house cause the group is all coming over to the house after dinner at some Mexican restaurant. Chloe Belle spits up all over herself. I run and put all her gross clothes in the wash and start it. Then I decide she needs a bath. She still gets baths in the kitchen sink. Problem: kitchen sink full of dirty dishes. So, I stick her in the swing in just her diaper and a smile, and start washing dishes. Dishes washed. I go to throw the kitchen towel in the dirty clothes in the laundry room only to discover the washing machine is broken somehow and there is water flooding the laundry room and into the den. awesome. I call my awesome boyfriend-in-law Shea and he tells me how to turn the water off to the house to stop the damage. Then my dad brings over all the towels from their house and I sop it all up.
Super fun times.

Crisis #2: Last Friday morning I let the dogs out and I start feeding Chloe Belle. I go to let them in 30 minutes later only to discover they've dug out and are on the run. Great. How am I supposed to go chasing dogs with a 6 week old in 45 degree weather? My dad comes over to help, but he's only got 20 minutes to give. No dogs. I load Chloe Belle into the car and we drive around the neighborhood. No dogs. My amazing sister hikes it across town to help me. We all 3 get in the car. Five minutes later we find Jimmie and Max going crazy for some german shepherd 10 houses away. They come straight to me as if to say, "Hey mom! Thanks for letting us play and for picking us up! We've had tons of fun!"
And that is the story of Jimmie and Max Keel's 5 hour romp through the neighborhood.

Crisis #3: We had a huge power bill this last month. $450. Super great. As if we weren't already poor little church mice. So, had a service man come out. Outdoor heating unit completely shot. Going to require more money than we have to fix it.
So, we are all cold and wearing hoodies inside. Do you think if I send the power company a picture of Chloe Belle they'll think she's so cute that they won't charge us this next month? Is it worth a shot...???

There you go. Yay for being an adult where life is full of adult-sized problems. Chloe Belle has no idea how much she has it made. All she's got to worry about is whether or not I'm going to change her diaper as soon as she poos.

No comments:

Post a Comment