Thursday, March 11, 2010

the one where I'm sad

Yesterday I was on CNN.com reading some article about the Oscars. I clicked on a link to read an article about celebrity religious tattoos (yes this is embarrassing but oh well.) There were pictures of 10 celebrity tattoos. Nine of them had Christian origins, most were crosses.

Last night at UMin worship we sang the song, "Beautiful the Blood." One verse says, "Never knew these nails would love unfold, Never knew these wounds would heal my soul."
Made me so sad. I thought about how so many people use the cross as decoration and art. They're familiar with the cross, but they don't know that His wounds will heal their soul. It makes my heart ache with the pain of the world's lostness.

I'm so grateful that God has healed my soul and I so desire others to know His healing and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment