Thursday, August 18, 2011

the one where we say goodbye

Sorry I talked about something major happening and then left you hanging. Although, all the emails and texts I got about it made me feel good-glad to know someone's reading this.

Last week we said goodbye to Jimmie and Max. We got our guys the first year of our marriage and they've been with us each step of the way. We love them. We love snuggling with them in bed, watching them have mighty battles, Adam loves to bury his head in Jimmie's neck-he's convinced Jimmie smells great. We love precious stupid little Max and his desperation for affection. Probably most of all, we've loved watching Chloe Belle fall in love with them.

For several months we've known we needed to find a better home for J&M. Having two babies in 15 months turned us into bad dog owners. We didn't give the guys the love and attention they deserved. We're also planning on moving next summer, and we didn't want to be tied to a place that would work for them too. So, after months of discussing it, we decided to let them go. God provided an awesome family for the guys. They are getting tons of love and attention.

I miss them-I miss Jimmie's serious look of total devotion, I miss Max's earnest heart, and I miss hearing Chloe Belle shout "woof" whenever she sees them. But, I am so so glad they are with a family who has the time and energy to love them well.

Goodbye buddies. Thanks for being a part of our lives.


best buddies


first family photos



2 comments:

  1. this tugs at my heart...thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me want to cry. I know that was a hard decision. So glad you found them an awesome home though. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete