Thursday, August 11, 2011

the one about my office [the before]

I've worked with UMin for two and a half years. I started in January 2009. That's crazy. Actually, this is my five year anniversary of working at Shades. I started in the Missions Office in August 2006. I worked there three full years-the last semester I worked with the Missions Office I also worked with UMin.
Anyway, boring info for you-I just got a little caught up with how long I've been in this place.

The point of this post is that I've had this job for 2.5 years and I've never fully "moved in" to my office. I think the main reason why is that I've never been convinced I'd be at UMin long. Summer 2009 we were going to move to NOLA, then we found out about Chloe Belle. Then I thought for sure I'd be leaving after having Lily, but last December I decided to be here another year. And I still think this will be my last year, but today I made a decision. I don't want to think about what's going to happen in 12 months. I want to be fully present where I am. I've always been fully present with my ministry-you know how much I love college students-but for some reason I never got settled into my space.

After returning from my maternity leave this summer I have a new office-a legit one. I even have a nameplate by my door-something that never seemed to happen before. I've got a couch for girls to sit on! So I've decided to move in. I'm going to decorate, throw away the files from the girl who was here before me and start my own.

After 2.5 years, I'm going to act like I work here. This is a big moment for me.

I'll send you photos after I decorate...

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the photos! Way to go Maegie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wherever you are, be all there!" way to go, maegie!! Need to see pics! I know it's gonna look supa fly! :)

    ReplyDelete