Friday, July 15, 2011

the one about 28

Last Saturday was my birthday. I turned 29. I started this post then, but I've had a crazy week. AK went out of town so I was home alone with two babies, and Lily has been in the hospital since Wednesday night. I've been busy. But now It's 5:30am, Lily and AK are asleep, so what else am I to do but blog?
And now, in homage to the passing of another year, I thought I'd stop and reflect on my 28th year. Here are the 28 best things about the 28th year of my life:

1. My 28th birthday. Mandy had surprised me by keeping her trip to the States a secret. I got to spend a week with my Australian mom/sister/friend who I love dearly. Chloe Belle was 6 months old, beautiful and delightful. I spent another day with my husband, the love of my life, and we ate pizza. Pretty much a perfect day.
2. Worship + Study in the Fall. We taught the patriarchs and it was amazing. I love journeys through Scripture that capture your heart and your imagination.
3. Chloe Belle in the fall. I love watching her learn to crawl, eat and eat and eat and eat, and thoroughly enjoy life.
4. Halloween. I always love it. And this year we had a baby to complete our costumes. awesome.
5. Meeting with M [a Samford student] each week. Each week she showed up ready to be totally honest about her life and God. It was AMAZING to watch God pursue her. Perhaps one of the most tangible proofs of God in my life in the last 12 months has been watching Him love M. beautiful.
6. Thanksgiving weekend AK and I got away for the first time without CB. We went to Troy. I love my man.
7. Weekends with Ellis and Becky. They are a source of such rest and encouragement in our lives.
8. UMin. I have the best job in the world.
9. Watching my family [mom, dad, brother, sister] love my daughters.
10. Worship + Study in the Spring. We taught through Romans 5-8. I saw God do some amazing things. His Word really is alive and active.
11. Seven SS class. I learned way too much about my sin. I can feel God molding me.
12. The Cossibooms. I love good friends.
13. Discipling E. I love all my college students, but some are just special. It has been an incredible journey with this girl.
14. Chloe Belle's birthday party. I had so much fun attempting to be crafty and letting my sweet girl be the center of the world for a moment.
15. Taking the day by day pictures of Chloe Belle. I know she'll treasure them for a lifetime.
16. Christmas with Adam. We have the best traditions.
17. Pregnancy. I love being pregnant. I love having a big round belly, feeling a little life inside me, and thinking more about someone else than myself.
18. Watching Chloe Belle learn to walk. I thought it would be a sad transition out of babydom, but it has just been so much fun I haven't had much time to be sad!
19. Watching Adam be an amazing parent. He loves his little girls so much!
20. Community Group. I love Tuesday nights with these people.
21. Building relationships with more UAB students.
22. Welcoming little Lily into our lives. She is beautiful just like her sister. I am totally in love with her.
23. Watching Chloe Belle ADORE her little sister. It has been such a joy to see how much love her little heart is capable of.
24. Playing with Chloe Belle as she gets older. I love running around the front yard chasing after her pink ball, playing in the baby pool, blowing bubbles. She's awesome.
25. Celebrating 4 years of marriage to my best friend.
26. Becoming content with the fact that I don't know what is in store for our future.
27. My Thursday morning Dgroup Spring semester.
28. My family. I love my husband and my two girls more than I ever imagined was possible.

1 comment: