Here's Lily eating-yay! She'll be 16 months Sept 2.
I thought I'd send an update on Lily since it has been a while. During May and June Lily met four times with an Occupational Therapist from the Bell Center. The OT helped incredibly with Lily's refusal to eat solid foods. She also saw some problems with Lily's ankles and recommended special shoes. Within two weeks of getting her shoes Lily went from not standing at all to cruising around the furniture! As far as her eating is concerned, she is making real improvements.
We saw Lily's GI specialist today. I went in fully expecting this to be our last appointment. Although there are no longer any signs of reflux, the GI specialist said she isn't going to release Lily as her patient until she is at a healthier weight, walking, and eating more. She is doing this for my benefit, because whenever we meet with her we also see a Nutritionist. They advised me to start Lily on Pediasure to help her gain weight. They also referred her to a Physical Therapist at Children's to start meeting to help teach her to walk.
Overall, Lily has made big improvements since May but still has some more obstacles ahead. However, all it takes is a 3 hour doctor's appointment at Children's Hospital to humble me and remind me that our problems are so small compared to many other families!!!
Here are a few bullet point concerns for Lily for you to keep in your prayers:
1. Lily needs desperately to start drinking from a cup. This would help her drink pediasure and whole milk and make her eating times more independent.
2. Lily needs to start eating more foods-especially nutrient rich foods. Other than strawberries and bananas, she currently will not eat any fruits or vegetables.
3. Lily needs to sleep through the night!!!! (I'm not sure how much of an effect this has on her health, but it has a huge effect on mine!!!)
4. Pray for her ankles and hips as she starts to walk, and for the strength to reach this next milestone.
5. Finally, pray for wisdom for Adam and I as we meet with different doctors and therapists, pray for patience for us-getting through a meal time with Lily can be very frustrating, and pray that God would continue to provide for Lily's care financially (as He always does).
Thank you so much family and friends! I am grateful that you care for our baby girl!