Monday, August 6, 2012

the one about batman

I understand that my blog is pretty cheery kitchen-kids-Jesus fare, but I really need to complain, and if you can't complain on your own blog, well, then, there's no hope for us.

I saw The Dark Knight Rises yesterday. I am  HUGE Batman fan, and have been since I was a small child.

I HATED IT. Three hours of my life that I will never get back. In addition, Christopher Nolan ruined a little of the Batman lore for me.

I spent some time reading reviews of the movie for the first time this morning, and was glad to find many people who agree with me. Read this:

Without dipping my toes too far into spoiler territory, there's a difference between closure and closing, and by choosing to make The Dark Knight Rises not just his last Batman, but the last Batman, Nolan essentially tells the story that should never be told, and does so in a way that leaves the status quo so cracked that the only way to put Humpty Dumpty back together is to reboot the thing yet again. Which is a shame.

from Zaki Hasan's review.

This story should never have been told. yick.

No comments:

Post a Comment