Thursday, June 2, 2011

the one where we're alone

Adam's mom came and got Chloe Belle on Monday and took her back to Beulah for a week. I'm so grateful for her because we really needed a break. It's funny, though. We desperately needed the peace and quiet, but I have to say that both mommy and daddy are desperately missing their little girl. So sad not to see her playing around the house all day long.

I miss Chloe Belle.

But, we are so happy to have a few days with just Lily. With your first child you take for grated all of the undivided attention you are able to lavish on them the first days of life. This week I've had lots of goals, from cleaning the kitchen to paying bills, but I'm trying to soak up each moment I have to hold and love on Lily. It's been super nice to be able to give her all our love.

We like her. I think she's for keeps.

1 comment:

  1. so precious- i agree, you need that special time with your newborn. though i know your heart yearns for cb :) i hear you about the weeds, girl! i, for one, do love gardening but just like in my garden, i sometimes "coast" in my spiritual life, forgetting to tend to my garden just how He intended. i'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete