Friday, June 24, 2011

the one about my job

I'm on maternity leave, so I've been living life nearly college student free for 7 weeks. It's been good to stop, rest, and focus on my family. However, this week God reminded me in a big way that I'm living my dream with the greatest ministry in the world.

At 3 am the other night feeding Lily I checked my facebook messages and had several from college girls. They were all bursting at the seams to tell me about the amazing things God is doing in their lives. How He's setting them free from sin, giving them victory over strongholds, enabling them to walk in freedom, and drawing them to His Word. When I got back to bed I couldn't even sleep. It is an incredible joy to be able to watch God move in girls' lives and to even be a small part of it. I'm so blessed.

Yesterday I went to a breakfast we have once a semester with college ministers from around the Birmingham area. Emily Grace, one of our Shades homekids, is interning with UMin this semester while I'm gone. She came to the breakfast and posted about it on her blog afterwards. It was great to read this and to be reminded from someone else's perspective about how totally blessed I am to do ministry at UMin and to be surrounded by such incredible people.

I love my job this summer: just ministering to my husband and my girls. But I'm grateful that come August I get to go back to my DREAM job: walking with and leading beautiful college girls all across Birmingham!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's safe to say you have the best job ever :)

    ReplyDelete