Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the one where I'm grateful

At Community Group last night we were discussing Sacred Marriage. One of the questions asked was something like this: Do you spend more time thinking about how you can make your spouse happy or more time thinking about how they aren't meeting your needs and expectations.

When I answered the question last night, I immediately thought that I spend more time thinking about how to make him happy. Because I do exhaust my little brain on ways to love him, encourage him, push him to Christ, and make him smile.

But, I realized I do spend quite a bit of time thinking about his shortcomings.
Simultaneously, something happened in my life that made me reflect on who Adam is as a man and as a husband. I am so sorry that I spend time thinking about his shortcomings, because he is an amazing man.

He is kind.
He is a relentless servant to everyone, but particularly to me.
He is super fun.
He is organized, mature, and responsible.
He provides for us.
He LOVES me.
He willingly and joyfully gives of himself to me all the time.
He is devoted to Chloe Belle and completely in love with her.
He is always honest with me.
He confesses his sins to me.
He thinks I'm perfect.
He wants to be a better man.
He loves the downtrodden, the hurting, the outcast, and the lost.

He reminds me of Jesus. I am blessed to have this man as my husband. I live each day in the comfort and security of his love.

Praise God for His amazing gifts. Of all the gifts I am most thankful for, I am thankful for Jesus and His grace, and my husband. Thank you Father!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't think of another person that I would want taking care of you and my sweet little CB!

    ReplyDelete