Monday, February 8, 2010

the one about His love

"The Lord your God is with you; He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing." Zephaniah 3:17

This verse first became precious to me about two years ago when I was studying the Tabernacle with my amazing Thursday lunch Bible study group. It has been special to me since. Last week we were running errands and Adam hopped out of the car and left me and Chloe in the back. This song came on (Trevor Morgan-Glory Revealed) and I was singing it to my sweet girl. I started balling-I mean balling-as I sang these words to her. I can think of nothing greater in my life than the way it feels to know that the Lord my God is with me, that He is mighty to save, and that He so delights in me that He will quiet me with His love, and rejoice over me with singing. There is nothing better than knowing that truth in the deepest places of my soul.
I was crying because I so desperately want Chloe Belle to have an abundant relationship with the Lord. I want her to know the joy of the Lord, to experience His overwhelming love, and to bask in His pleasure as He dances over her. I want it so badly I simply cannot bear the wanting.

I am going to pray this verse over Chloe Belle with earnest. Just as God promises in Zephaniah 3 that there will come a time when He will redeem Israel, I pray there will be a time when He will redeem Chloe Belle. And when that blessed day comes, I will look into her eyes to see the joy there as she experiences the love of God.



No comments:

Post a Comment