Monday, October 10, 2011

the ones about Lily #3


This past Sunday, October 9, was Lily's baby dedication at our church. Last Thursday our Preschool Ministry hosted a dinner for the parents of the babies. We had dinner and the guest speakers were one of my favorite couples at our church: Mark and Lynn Garnett. Other than making us laugh, Mark gave one piece of advice that I just loved. Speaking to the fathers, he said: "There are three questions you can ask your grown child to see if you created the right home environment. Did you feel loved? Do you feel like I love and treat your mother the way that I should? Is this the kind of home you want to provide for your children?"

I loved these three questions. It immediately made me think about my amazing husband. He is an incredible father. My girls are so lucky to have him leading them and loving them. I know that they will leave our home knowing and feeling that they were loved and with a beautiful example of how a husband is to love a wife.

So grateful to dedicate Lily to the Lord. She is all His, and I pray that I will be a faithful steward of her little life until it is time for her to follow Him on her own. I know He will use her to bring Himself great glory.

2 comments:

  1. You are a fantastic mother, wife and FRIEND. It is a hard season you are in, but you are not alone. You glorify Hm and your girls will see that legacy that you leave daily.

    Loved holding little Lily this past Sunday. Such a joy. Cant wait to see what He has in store for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, maegan. i just love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete