Friday, April 8, 2011

the one with sweet words

Two times lately my husband has whispered sweet nothings to me:

He's a high school teacher this year, so he's got to go chaperone the prom. I was really excited and offered to go get a prom dress at the thrift store so we could go together and bump and grind at the prom like high schoolers. He looked at me and said, "you would look trashy in a prom dress right now. I'm not taking you."

The other night I came in from Worship + Study around 10:30 and he was still awake, which is rare. I'm so amped afer W+S so I was chatty cathy. Finally he says its time for sleep and I beg for one more minute. Then I launch into this deep discussion of one of our college students and the overwhelming sin that's plaguing their life. When I get done he laughs at me and tells me its time for sleep, that we can't talk all night. I reminded him that when we were in college he was all too happy to stay up all night long talking just so he could be with me. He leaned close to me and said, "yeah, but now I've got you so I don't have to work for it anymore. night night." And he rolled over and went to sleep. (by the way, the night night was an imitation of Chloe Belle, so at least that was kinda cute and not as lame as typing it out makes it sound.)

This is just for you to know the romance is still alive at the Keel household!

8 comments:

  1. HA! That's hysterical. Oh, I love that Adam! (You too, of course!) Such a way with words... I miss you both! I have found Brad funnier as we get older, too. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Sounds like our Valentine's Day! :o)
    Isn't real life sweet. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's hilarious! Sometimes I try to talk politics or something else kind of serious and Brian shows no interest at all... it's pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "You would look trashy in a prom dress right now" = best romantic line ever. Kudos, Adam. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Us Keels have a way with words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Love it! Ben asked me to smell his armpits the other day...

    ReplyDelete
  7. bahaha! And I'm totally laughing at the armpits comment too! :)

    ReplyDelete