Tuesday, August 30, 2011

the one when I'm sitting on the couch

I have had a stressful day. A stressful week. A stressful six weeks. Maybe the most stressful ever. I wrote a lot of stressful posts [in my head] on the car ride home today, listening to two babies scream their heads off for an hour straight.

But as I'm sitting here on the couch in my quiet house, I'm grateful.

Grateful for a husband that I'm crazy in love with.
Grateful for two baby girls who make my life so rich.
Grateful for a mom who has been so helpful.
Grateful for the best big sister ever.
Grateful for good friends.
Grateful for a beautiful ministry to college girls.
Grateful for all this provision.
Grateful for chocolate when I'm feeling stressed.
And Grateful for a God who rejoices over me with singing and who quiets me with His love.

3 comments:

  1. i love your gratefulness :) have you read 1000 gifts by ann voskamp? you simply must. it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with said comment above. And you must check out ann voskamp's blogs. Do it, Maegan! I love you!! Wish I had more Australian chocolate to send to you! Can I see you before Oct 15??

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you delete your hater post? can't pull it up. don't worry, girl..we all hate on something sometimes. we're just lamenting, like David, right? xoxo

    ReplyDelete